Asian Services In Action, Inc. (ASIA, Inc.) is seeking a skilled and committed professional to coordinate free tax preparation services. The tax site coordinator will ensure that we provide high-quality free tax help to low-income workers and elderly taxpayers who cannot afford paid professional assistance. This opportunity is a part-time position with the social services operations. To view the job description, see here.
ASIA, Inc. provides culturally and linguistically appropriate resources to ensure effective programming that addresses the needs of the AAPI and new American communities in Northeast Ohio.
For more information or to apply, visit www.asiaohio.org/employment. Please email a resume and cover letter to Mao Vue, COO at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Position Available: E.I.T.C Site Coordinator (Internship/Contracted Position)
Department: Self-Sufficiency Department
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Schedule: Part-time, January through April 2019
Asian Services In Action, Inc. is seeking a skilled and committed professional to coordinate free tax preparation services. The tax site coordinator will ensure that we provide high-quality free tax help to low-income workers and elderly taxpayers who cannot afford paid professional assistance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Successfully pass IRS Advanced certification exam for VITA sites;
– Maintain good relationship with host site and address any facility or security concerns;
– Greet clients and manage sign-in to facilitate client flow through the tax preparation process;
– Screen clients for income guidelines and necessary documentation;
– Provide clients with the Intake Sheet and assist with the completion of the form;
– Thoroughly review returns completed by tax preparers, make any required corrections and discuss tax return with clients;
– Transmit returns to the IRS and follow-up with taxpayers as needs;
– Ensure all returns are completed and accepted by IRS and State;
– Address problems with tax software or other equipment as necessary;
– Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the taxpayer and the correct documentation is maintained at the site;
– Maintain accurate records of assistance provided and provide data reports to the Site Manager
– Four-year degree preferred, HS diploma or GED required;
– Tax preparation experience, preferably with low-income workers;
– Experience e-filing and using tax preparation software;
– Strong organizational and program management skills;
– Good interpersonal skills and comfort with a wide range of people;
– Strong interest in helping low-income people learn about their rights;
– Ability to take initiative and work without much supervision;
– Proficient computer skills in IRS software system, Microsoft Office
Please send cover letter and resume to Mao Vue, Chief Operating Officer (email@example.com). Visit www.asiaohio.org. No phone calls, please.
Asian Services In Action, Inc. promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. ASIA will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women, minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply.