Asian Services In Action, Inc. (ASIA) seeks a highly motivated and bright individual who possesses a diversified set of skills for the Patient Service Representative position at our International Community Health Center (ASIA-ICHC). The Patient Service Representative is responsible for all patient support services at the front desk. This position serves ASIA-ICHC patients by greeting, supporting, scheduling appointments and maintaining records and accounts.
To read the full description, click here.
Position Available: Patient Service Representative
Department: International Community Health Center
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Schedule: 1.0 FTE, non-exempt
Pay Rate: Based on qualifications
Asian Services In Action, Inc. (ASIA) seeks a highly motivated and bright individual who possesses a diversified set of skills for the Patient Service Representative position at our International Community Health Center (ASIA-ICHC). The Patient Service Representative is responsible for all patient support services at the front desk.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet patients and visitors in person or on the telephone;
- Assist patient needs or directs patients to the right personnel courteously;
- Check-in patients, verify insurance information and payment arrangement to ensure correct billing;
- Collect copay and fees;
- Schedule appointments in person or by telephone;
- Keep patient appointments on schedule and notify the back office of patient arrivals;
- Facilitates communications between patients and back office staff/providers;
- Maintain patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information into
- File, retrieve, and maintain patient records, and update referral information into EPIC;
- Maintain business office inventory and equipment and place orders for supplies as needed;
- Ensure availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records;
- Assist patients with paperwork and determine the financial status of patients including eligibility for service;
- Assist patients with forms, letters and advise requests;
- Protect patients’ rights by maintaining the confidentiality of personal and financial information;
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures and report needed changes;
- Contribute to a team effort;
- Maintain clean and orderly work area;
- Open or close the clinic area, if necessary;
- Interpret for patients, if appropriate;
- Substitute at alternate ASIA-ICHC sites and/or evening and weekend hours;
- Multi-lingual; fluent in both English and second language (Asian dialect or language preferred)
- High School Diploma or GED required, prefer some college or vocational school preferred;
- Experience with health center/clinic and EHR/PMS is a plus;
- Computer skills: word processing, familiar with databases and data entry;
- Scheduling experience;
- Ability to work with different ethnic groups and nationalities, strong cultural competence;
- Strong customer service skills (including telephone);
- Ability to multi-task is flexible and has good attention to detail;
- Must pass a criminal background check;
- Valid Ohio State driver’s license preferred.
The position reports to the Operations Manager. We are seeking a candidate who has strong technical and soft skills, high energy, maturity and potential for leadership.
ASIA offers a competitive benefits package that includes personal, vacation and holiday paid time off; health insurance stipend; dental/vision coverage, life, and long-term insurance; retirement contribution match; professional development opportunities; and other incentives. Part-time staff is eligible for pro-rated benefits package based on FTE.
Please send cover letter and resume to HRManager@asiaohio.org. and title the email subject line as “ICHC Patient Service Representative: [Your Name Here]”. Visit www.asiaohio.org. No phone calls, please.
Asian Services In Action, Inc. promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. ASIA will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women, minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply.