ASIA offers bi-lingual individuals exciting and challenging opportunities at different levels that are steeped into their unique cultures.
Our pool of professionally trained interpreters is screened for language proficiency. Interpreters who work in less common Asian languages, such as Karen, Burmese, and Nepali, are recruited directly from immigrant and refugee communities in the area.
Before being considered for the interpreter pool, candidates must complete interpreter training courses which teach interpreting skills and protocols that emphasize:
- Confidentiality and professionalism
- Interpreter roles and boundaries
- Ethics, values, and navigating cultural dilemmas
- Memory development and sight translation
- Interpreter code of ethics
All interpreters must:
- Pass a criminal background check
- For medical interpreters: test negative for tuberculosis (TB) and be current on their MMR and Hepatitis B vaccinations.
- Have a valid driver’s license
If you are interested in this opportunity, and would like to join our family, please submit an updated resume and any credentials to Thunda at email@example.com.