Funded by the AAPI Civic Engagement Fund and supported by the Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations (AAPCHO), VREP focuses on non-partisan voter registration and voter engagement through the State of Ohio.
VREP activities are conducted in three phases, voter registration, get out the vote (GOTV) and election day.
The VREP coalition is made up of community organizations across the state in Akron, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus and Toledo.
VREP 2015 highlights:
- Akron: Asian Services In Action (ASIA)
- Cleveland: Asian Services In Action (ASIA), OCA Greater Cleveland Chapter (OCAGC)
- Columbus: Asian American Community Alliance (AACS), Kappa Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. (KPL)
- Cincinnati: Asian Community Alliance (ACA)
- Toledo: Tiffany Budzinski
- Reach of over 10,000 AAPI registered voters in the State of Ohio
- Nearly 100 new registered voters through tabling events across the state
- Bi-lingual poll workers placed at high concentration limited English locations to provide assistance
- Partnership with two election protection hotlines, one in-state and one national
- Absentee ballot assistance for limited English voters
- Provided a summer training session for community leaders interested in learning about the importance of civic participation
For more information please contact, Kimlee Sureemee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-881-0330 ext. 8811.
- Interested in volunteering with VREP? Contact us today!
- Are you majoring in Political Science, International Relations, Asian Studies, Sociology, or any field related to the social science? Have an interest in making an impact in the community? Consider interning with the PAD Department gain the job skills that will add to your resume!