THE WANG-JI FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
The Wang-Ji Family Scholarship is open to qualifying high school juniors and seniors as well as college-age students from the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community throughout Northeast Ohio. A scholarship selection committee, including Dr. Wang and Mr. Ji, will review applicants based on academic standing, community engagement, financial need and essay responses. Applicants must also submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, school official, or community leader. Two (2) winners will receive a $2,500 award and an opportunity to shadow health professionals with ASIA’s International Community Health Center (ICHC).
- Must belong to Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community in Northeast Ohio
- Submit copy of most recent school transcript and ACT or SAT score(s)
- Submit typed essay response
- Submit resume or CV including volunteerism
- Submit letter of recommendation
* The recommender must e-mail Kelly Le (email@example.com) the letter directly. The letter must be received by the deadline for your application to be considered.
Application Deadline: April 28, 2017. Paper applications postmarked after April 28th will not be reviewed by the committee. For more information, please contact Kelly Le at firstname.lastname@example.org (best) or call (330) 535-3263 ext. 5309.
Applications can be sent to:
Asian Services In Action, Inc.
Wang-Ji Scholarship Committee
730 Carroll Street
Akron, Ohio 44304