The Northeast Ohio Medicaid Expansion Coalition, the Akron Canton Medicaid Expansion Coalition, and the Mental Health Advocacy Coalition are excited to announce that Amy Rohling McGee, President of the Health Policy Institute of Ohio (HPIO), will be presenting at a joint meeting on the recent report addressing the economic impact of Medicaid expansion in Ohio. This report was conducted by HPIO, The Ohio State University, The Urban Institute and REMI.
Date: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Time: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Location: Ford Room, 2500 E 22nd St, Cleveland, OH
The coalition is excited about this opportunity to hear from Ms. Rohling McGee because Medicaid expansion will be one of the major policy issues addressed by theGovernor and the General Assembly during the SFY 2014 -2015 budget process. This presentation will be an opportunity to hear about the potential impact Medicaid expansion would have on Ohio’s economy. It will also be an opportunity to ask questions about the report, including the methodology and results.
The report includes answers to the following questions.
- Does a Medicaid expansion generate new state Medicaid costs?
- Does a Medicaid expansion allow state budget savings?
- How does a Medicaid expansion affect state revenue?
- What is a Medicaid expansion’s net impact on the state budget?
- How else does a Medicaid expansion affect Ohioans?
- What impacts will the state experience from the ACA even if Medicaid is not expanded?
The coalition hopes this opportunity will arm our advocates with the facts and confidence to talk with members of the General Assembly and other stakeholders about Medicaid expansion.