Asian Services In Action, Inc. (ASIA) is currently seeking a culturally minded and enthusiastic part-time human resources professional to serve as their Human Resources Generalist. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this position will play a key role in leading HR operations and special projects. The Human Resources Generalist will manage the following day to day activities: providing human resource support in the areas of organization’s policies and procedures, state and federal regulation compliance, reporting and other related human resource functions. This position will administer payroll, be responsible for employee relations, including conducting internal investigations, performance management, recruitment/talent management, compensation analysis and review.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers various human resource initiatives for the organization’s employees; prepares, maintains, and the subject matter expert in the Employee Handbook.
- Provide coaching to supervisors in resolution of employee problems and corrective action
- Investigate employee relations issues and make recommendations on resolutions
- Performs benefits administration and compensation programs
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt employees, interns and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program
- Administers off-boarding procedures including exit interviews
- Coordinate Leave of Absences requests
- Monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Represent the agency in unemployment insurance claims, worker’s compensation claims, employee legal challenges, and HR compliance charges
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- A bachelor’s degree and three to five years of HR generalist experience, or a master’s degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel from the Akron to Cleveland offices, with self-reliant transportation, will be required.
- Human Resources experience in a social service or a community health center highly preferred
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or other HR certifications preferred.
- Broad knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Must exhibit and demonstrate excellent Written and Oral Communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task and adapt to rapidly changing demands and priorities
- Highly proficient computer skills, to include Microsoft Office products
- Excellent critical thinking and decision making skills
- Ability to listen well, comprehend and analyze situations
- Must have high level of integrity and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and highly confidential situations with tact and diplomacy
- Team player, personable, professional, upbeat and energetic.
- Ability to work independently and determine priorities without immediate supervision
ASIA offers competitive benefits package that includes: personal, vacation and holiday paid time off; health insurance stipend; dental/vision coverage, life and long-term insurance; retirement contribution match; professional development opportunities; and other incentives.
Please send cover letter and resume to Mao Vue, Chief Operating Officer (email@example.com). Visit www.asiaohio.org. No phone calls please.
Learn more about other job openings here.