Asian Services In Action, Inc. (ASIA, Inc.) seeks a highly motivated and bright individual who possesses a diversified set of skills for the School Based Health Coordinator position. The person will be responsible for coordinating necessary operations for the school based health clinic with the Manager of School Based Health, serving as a community outreach liaison to educate the school community and student families regarding school-based health, serve as a navigator to guide and assist families with specific health needs, and coordinate and plan outreach activities with the Manager of School Based Health at ASIA, Inc.
To read the full description, click here.
Position Available: School Based Health Coordinator
Department: International Community Health Center
Location: Akron/Cleveland, Ohio
Schedule: Part-time, 32 hours, with pro-rated benefits
Travel: Travel required between Akron and Cleveland
Asian Services In Action, Inc. (ASIA, Inc.) seeks a highly motivated and bright individual who possesses a diversified set of skills for the School Based Health Coordinator position. The person will be responsible for coordinating necessary operations for the school based health clinic with the Manager of School Based Health, serving as a community outreach liaison to educate the school community and student families regarding school-based health, serve as a navigator to guide and assist families with specific health needs, and coordinate and plan outreach activities with the Manager of School Based Health at ASIA, Inc. Candidate must be a strong multi-tasker, have outstanding communication, exceptional interpersonal skills, be extremely organized, be capable of adapting to a fast-paced work environment, and love working with families. Prior experience working within the health or educational fields with families is greatly valued. This position offers an exceptional opportunity for growth for the right candidate interested in health education, pediatric and adolescent health wellness, health promotion, advocacy, and outreach. This position will work closely with the Manager of School Based Health, to grow the program within the Akron and Cleveland area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and schedule student and staff school health clinic visits;
- Serve as ASIA, Inc.’s liaison and point of contact for parents and school personnel regarding the school based health clinic;
- Prepare the administrative processes related to clinic operations including necessary medical forms and consents;
- Coordinate the setup and assist in operating the school clinic process and pre-clinic operational processes including calling families, EMR registration and data entry processes;
- Assist, develop, and implement health education programming to students;
- Assist, develop, and implement school based health outreach, which may include evening and weekend hours;
- Assist as needed with annual budgets/grants;
- Assist with needs assessments and data collection specific to the program;
- Assist with other general health outreach events related to the International Community Health Center (ASIA-ICHC)QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience working in a school setting as a family liaison, counselor, or within the realm of student and family engagement;
- Prior experience working with children and youth within the social service agency sector;
- Prior experience in a non-profit setting is a plus;
- Ability to lift 20 lbs or more;
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours;
- Highly organized acute attention to detail, flexible, and self-motivated/self-starter;
- Must be adept in working with diverse staff who are multi-cultural and multi-lingual;
- Moderate computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office, Excel;
- Experience with Epic EMR is a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in-person and by phone, with high professionalism;
- Proven oral communications skills with an ability to interact well with the public, board members, and staff;
- Experience developing health education programming and presentation of health programming;
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a quality of detailed work while meeting competing and deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task, quickly pick up scheduling within the EMR system, referral processes internally and externally
- Must have a strong commitment to immigrant and refugee concerns and have a great commitment to excellence in social services;
- Must pass a criminal background check and have a valid Ohio State driver’s license;
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.;
- Respect and desire to learn about and engage with a multitude of cultures;
- Access to reliable transportation and ability to work in both Akron and Cleveland setting
- The position reports to the Manager of School Based Health at ASIA, Inc.’s International Community Health Center (ASIA-ICHC). We are seeking a candidate who has a strong worth ethic, high energy, maturity and potential for leadership.
ASIA offers a competitive benefits package that includes: personal, vacation and holiday paid time off; health insurance stipend; dental/vision coverage, life, and long-term insurance; retirement contribution match; professional development opportunities; and other incentives. Part-time staff is eligible for pro-rated benefits package based on FTE.
Asian Services In Action, Inc. promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. ASIA will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women, minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply.