Position Available: Program Assistant, Bhutanese/ English Bilingual
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Pay Rate: Based on Qualification
Asian Services In Action (ASIA) is a growing non-profit multi-services agency with two sites (Akron and Cleveland) serving predominantly low-income, underserved, limited English-speaking Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) immigrant and refugee populations of all ages. Our mission is to empower AAPIs in Northeast Ohio to enhance their well-being, build their communities and to improve their self-sufficiency through culturally and linguistically relevant information and services.
The Self-Sufficiency Department provides programs for individuals and families, especially those who meet TANF eligibility guidelines, services that enable them to become financially independent and support them toward self-sufficiency. The program assistant is responsible for assisting qualified individuals and families to create an Individual Development plan and Self Sufficiency plan. The Program Assistant is integral in ensuring the whole process from beginning to end.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager and , the Program Coordinator will conduct outreach and recruit potential clients; arrange financial literacy training as well as specific asset-based classes and counseling; maintain good case files on clients; provide timely follow-up with clients who are enrolled; and work with Program Manager to provide accurate financial and activity reports to the funder.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Program Manager, and the Program Coordinator:
1. Coordinates all customer intake, including outreaching to newcomer individuals and families, and
assumes responsibility for customer from intake and retention until case termination. This includes:
- a. performing outreach as necessary/desired/directed;
- b. ensuring that customers are aware of eligibility of services;
- c. assisting customers in filling out and completing application and paperwork as necessary;
- d. maintaining accurate and complete client files by documenting and verifying eligibility, qualifications, file set-up and internal file compliance as directed by program policies and procedures manual and contract specific procedures and requirements;
- e. providing regular, continuous follow-up in a time-sensitive manner until case termination
- f. notifying customer of case termination.
2. Outreach and enroll customers in appropriate and necessary trainings and tracking completion of
program segments, as well as communicating progress with the customer
3. Conducts assessment of client needs and communicates needs to management
4. Refers clients to other ASIA’s programs as necessary and appropriate
5. Refers clients to other community resources as necessary
6. Participates in staff meetings
7. Provides written and verbal translation as directed by supervisor
8. Participates in departmental planning
9. Performs other related activities, as required, to assure program/departmental success
- 1. At least one (1) year of clerical experience
- 2. Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher
- 3. Strong customer service and program coordination skills
- 4. Strong networking skills especially in non-traditional ethnic settings. Bilingual required.
- 5. Resourceful and flexible
- 6. Excellent communication, solid written, and problem solving skills.
- 7. Experience in public health, nonprofit or related field.
- 8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 9. Valid Ohio State Driver’s License and must pass a criminal background check.
- 10. High School graduated or GED above , Associated Degree Preferred
- 40 hours per week
- Position offers benefit (Paid time off – personal, vacation and holidays; LTD, Life, Dental/ Vision, Health and retirement plan).
For interested candidates, please send cover letter and resume to: Mao Vue, Operating Manager via
e-mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org). End date: 5/23/2014. NO calls please