Asian Services In Action, Inc. (ASIA, Inc.) seeks a highly motivated and bright individual who possesses a diversified set of skills for the Bilingual/Bicultural Educator position. This individual will assist the CAM (Community Adult Mentorship) Program under the Children, Youth, and Family Services Department. To view the job description, see here.
ASIA, Inc. provides culturally and linguistically appropriate resources to ensure effective programming that addresses the needs of the AAPI and new American communities in Northeast Ohio.
For more information or to apply, visit www.asiaohio.org/employment. Please email a resume and cover letter to Mao Vue, COO at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Position Available: Bilingual/Bicultural Educator
Department: Children, Youth, and Family Services Department
Location: Cleveland/Lakewood, Ohio
Schedule: 0.5-1.0 FTE, non-exempt position
Pay Rate: Based on qualifications
Asian Services In Action, Inc. (ASIA, Inc.) seeks a highly motivated and bright individual who possesses a diversified set of skills for the Bilingual/Bicultural Educator position. This person will provide developmentally-appropriate prevention, crisis support, and advocacy services from birth to adulthood. Programming addresses the specific problem/population of low development of English language proficiency skills for refugee children learning English where English is not the primary language. Educator will work alongside the CAM (Community Adult Mentorship) Program to provide homework help and mentorship to school-age students in the Lakewood City School District, as well as parenting support through community-based adult learning groups.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct service through homework help and mentorship to school-age students enrolled in the program;
- Act as a community liaison in order to boost engagement and community support for the program;
- Facilitate adult learning through community-based parenting groups;
- Track and input data into the database system(s) provided by funders (ie. academic grades, attendance, assessments);
- Identify and attend community cultural events to provide resources and information;
- Keep track of participant and attendance records and provide timely activity reports to the supervisor;
- Implement assessment tools as required;
- Develop and administer age-appropriate curriculum which aligns with program outcomes and benchmark goals;
- Collaborate with community providers to provide services to programming such as speakers, community partners, etc.;
- Maintain a level of professionalism when representing ASIA, Inc. off-site, at community events, and at direct service programming;
- Provide services, which include alternatives, information dissemination, community-based, and education to clients/consumers;
- Work with partners to provide PIR (Problem ID and Referral) services;
- Attend certification trainings related to curriculum and certification required by funder;
- Attend monthly office and quarterly meetings.
- High School graduated or GED above, Associate Degree preferred;
- Proficiency in a second language other than English, or, TESOL licensure;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs;
- Strong customer service and program coordination skills;
- Must enjoy working with youth;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse population/personalities;
- Resourceful and flexible;
- Available to work evenings on a regular basis;
- Excellent oral communication skills;
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work well autonomously and in a team;
- Reliable transportation a must;
- Willingness to attend training sessions in order to gain necessary credentialing.
The position reports to the Community Adult Mentorship Program Coordinator. We are seeking a candidate who has strong technical and soft skills, high energy, maturity and potential for leadership.
ASIA offers a competitive benefits package that includes: personal, vacation and holiday paid time off; health insurance stipend; dental/vision coverage, life, and long-term insurance; retirement contribution match; professional development opportunities; and other incentives. Part-time staff is eligible for pro-rated benefits package based on FTE.
Please send cover letter and resume to Mao Vue, Chief Operating Officer (email@example.com). Visit www.asiaohio.org. No phone calls, please.
Asian Services In Action, Inc. promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. ASIA will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women, minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply.