Asian Services In Action, Inc. (ASIA, Inc.) seeks a highly motivated and bright individual who possesses a diversified set of skills for the Housing Advocate Program Assistant position. This individual will assist the housing program under the Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Department. To view the job description, see here.
ASIA, Inc. provides culturally and linguistically appropriate resources to ensure effective programming that addresses the needs of the AAPI and new American communities in Northeast Ohio.
For more information or to apply, visit www.asiaohio.org/employment. Please email a resume and cover letter to Mao Vue, COO at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Position Available: Program Assistant (Housing Advocate)
Department: Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault
Location: Akron/Cleveland, Ohio
Schedule: .5 FTE, non-exempt position
Travel: Travel required between Akron and Cleveland
Asian Services In Action, Inc. (ASIA, Inc.) seeks a highly motivated and bright individual who possesses a diversified set of skills for the Housing Advocate Program Assistant position. This individual will assist the housing program under the Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting program staff with a variety of cases pertaining to identified victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault;
- Participate in ongoing feedback with supervisors and colleagues in the department in order to improve program outcomes;
- Communicate regularly with department manager in order to stay informed regarding program funding, program policy, and support for holistic case management needs;
- Conduct intake with potential clients referred to the housing subsidy program and screen for eligibility;
- Develop case-management skills, and maintain essential records regarding client progress through the program;
- Assist clients with creating a case plan, setting personal and financial goals, as well as budgeting on a regular basis;
- Maintain contact with clients enrolled in the program on a regular basis and make updates to case plan as needed;
- Program Assistant will be stationed between two offices and will be required to facilitate client home visits, therefore reliable transportation is a must.
- Adaptable personality and ease working with a variety of people;
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and resourcefulness in suggesting creative solutions as it pertains to client case management;
- Skilled in direct client services, ability to communicate and work with underserved and/or marginalized populations;
- Must be able to work independently on projects, as well as with a team as needed;
- Ability to utilize both written and oral communication skills to engage with client base and maintain detailed records;
- Willingness to learn on the job a must, as well as to attend provided in-house and off-site trainings as applicable;
- Ability to research housing environment and take into account client needs in regards to finances, personal safety, and any disabilities.
- Ability to help client(s) set goals and follow through on client case plan;
- Reliable transportation a must;
- Bilingual and/or Bicultural background is a plus;
- Previous experience working in the housing and/or victim services field is a plus;
- Asian or other high-need language proficiency a plus;
- Must pass a criminal background check and have a valid Ohio State driver’s license;
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of AAPI cultures, respect for all cultures, and the ability to interact with diverse groups preferred;
- Has access to reliable transportation;
The position reports to the Manager of Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Department. We are seeking a candidate who has strong technical and soft skills, high energy, maturity and potential for leadership.
ASIA offers a competitive benefits package that includes: personal, vacation and holiday paid time off; health insurance stipend; dental/vision coverage, life, and long-term insurance; retirement contribution match; professional development opportunities; and other incentives. Part-time staff are eligible for pro-rated benefits package based on FTE.
Please send cover letter and resume to Mao Vue, Chief Operating Officer (email@example.com). Visit www.asiaohio.org. No phone calls, please.
Asian Services In Action, Inc. promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. ASIA will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women, minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply.