Asian Services In Action, Inc. (ASIA, Inc.) seeks a highly motivated and bright individual who possesses a diversified set of skills for the Volunteer Program Coordinator position. This individual is responsible for developing, and coordinating the organization’s volunteer & internship program. He/she will supervise volunteers and provide direction, coordination, and consultation for all volunteer functions. The incumbent will work with head department staff to determine volunteer needs and match to prospective volunteers (both individuals and groups). This position will work in coordination on other projects as assigned by the Cheif Executive Officer. To view the job description, see here.
ASIA, Inc. provides culturally and linguistically appropriate resources to ensure effective programming that addresses the needs of the AAPI and new American communities in Northeast Ohio.
For more information or to apply, visit www.asiaohio.org/employment. Please email a resume and cover letter to Mao Vue, COO at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
Position Available: Program Coordinator (Volunteer)
Department: N/A, Agency Wide
Location: Akron/Cleveland, Ohio
Schedule: .75-1.0 FTE, non-exempt position
Travel: Travel required between Akron and Cleveland frequently, inner-state
travel may be needed
Asian Services In Action, Inc. (ASIA, Inc.) seeks a highly motivated and bright individual who possesses a diversified set of skills for the Volunteer Program Coordinator position. This individual is responsible for developing, and coordinating the organization’s volunteer & internship program. He/she will supervise volunteers and provide direction, coordination, and consultation for all volunteer functions. The incumbent will work with head department staff to determine volunteer needs and match to prospective volunteers (both individuals and groups). This position will work in coordination on other projects as assigned by the Cheif Executive Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as point of contact for all volunteers (including interns);
- Establish the project-specific point of contact for volunteers and serve as a liaison between managers and volunteers as needed;
- Raising staff awareness of the role and the function of volunteers;
- Provide ongoing support to volunteers and volunteer supervisors; resolve all grievances in a way that fosters organizational cohesion and respect;
- Write and distribute a regular volunteer newsletter;
- Set up and lead regular volunteer meetings;
- Promote volunteering, internally and externally, through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns;
- Attend recruitment and networking events to boost ASIA’s volunteer presence in the community;
Volunteer recruitment 25%
- Create and publish information related to the volunteer program on the organization website (application, descriptions of volunteer opportunities, FAQ, etc);
- Recruit, interview, place, and arrange training for all new volunteers;
- Create and distribute internal documents and templates regarding the volunteer program (volunteer request form, volunteer job descriptions, etc);
- Network and partner with local organizations to source new volunteers (schools, religious organizations, local businesses, professional organizations, etc);
- Host and attend recruiting events to attract new volunteer candidates;
- Identify community outreach opportunities;
- Ensure timely communication with new volunteers throughout the onboarding process;
- Work exclusively as the volunteer coordinator for all special events projects including the Annual Gala & Fundraiser which required 40-60 volunteers;
- Training 10%
- Develop and administer an orientation program for new volunteers;
- Work with managers of various departments to plan and execute program-specific training for volunteers;
- Evaluate and improve volunteer training programs;
- Develop and distribute a volunteer handbook with relevant policies and procedures;
- Develop volunteer-specific risk management policies based on existing organization policies;
- Track volunteers’ contact information, participation in training events, and submission of paperwork (including a background check if necessary);
- Research and write volunteer policies and procedures that include risk assessments;
- Coordinate with volunteer supervisors to establish scheduling and time tracking procedures;
- Complete volunteer work hour summaries monthly;
- Manage the eTapestry volunteer database;
- Run reports to visualize volunteer-related data in order to improve the volunteer program;
Volunteer appreciation 5%
- Schedule regular volunteer appreciation and engagement activities (food, gifts, events, talks, socials, networking, etc);
- Work to build an exciting and welcoming atmosphere that fosters volunteers’ interest in the organization’s mission as well as volunteers’ professional and personal development;
Program expansion 10%
- Establish an evaluation schedule for all major facets of the program;
- Create and release surveys to better understand stakeholders’ opinions and suggestions;
- Establish clear communication channels for stakeholders to share their thoughts and experiences;
- Generate appropriate volunteer opportunities and roles based on the needs of the organization;
- Evaluate existing volunteer opportunities and collaborate with program staff to maximize strengths and improve on weaknesses;
- Participate in agency volunteer opportunities to assist staff as needed, learn more about agency programming, and evaluate the volunteer opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or 2 years of work experience in volunteer management, program coordination or social services;
- Experience with Google Drive highly preferred;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel;
- eTapestry or other CRM / donor management database experience preferred;
- Strong customer service and/or program coordination skills;
- Experience working with volunteers and groups;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse population/personalities;
- Resourceful and flexible;
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed;
- Solid written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work well autonomously and in a team;
- Asian or other high-need language proficiency a plus;
- Must pass a criminal background check and have a valid Ohio State driver’s license;
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of AAPI cultures, respect for all cultures, and the ability to interact with diverse groups preferred;
- Has access to reliable transportation;
The position reports to the Cheif Executive Officer. We are seeking a candidate who has strong technical and soft skills, high energy, maturity and potential for leadership.
ASIA offers a competitive benefits package that includes: personal, vacation and holiday paid time off; health insurance stipend; dental/vision coverage, life, and long-term insurance; retirement contribution match; professional development opportunities; and other incentives. Part-time staff are eligible for pro-rated benefits package based on FTE.
Please send cover letter and resume to Mao Vue, Chief Operating Officer (email@example.com). Visit www.asiaohio.org. No phone calls, please.
Asian Services In Action, Inc. promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. ASIA will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women, minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply.