ASIA is seeking an Finance Assistant/Interpreting Scheduling Assistant in the Interpreting and Translation department.
View PDF version here.
Position Available: Finance Assistant/Interpreting Scheduling Assistant (Full Time)
Department: Interpreting and Translation (also known as “LQ”)
Location: Akron, Ohio
Pay Rate: Based on Qualifications
Asian Services in Action (ASIA) is a growing non-profit multi-service agency with two sites (Akron and Cleveland) serving predominantly low-income, underserved, limited English-speaking Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) and other immigrant and refugee populations of all ages. Our mission is to empower AAPIs in Northeast Ohio to enhance their well-being, build their communities and to improve their self sufficiency through culturally and linguistically relevant information and services.
ASIA is offering a full time Finance Program Assistant/Interpreting Scheduling Assistant position for a flexible, detail-oriented, energetic individual who is able to juggle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines. The Interpreting and Translation Services Department operates primarily in the Akron and Cleveland Areas. The person must be motivated, have strong business development and customer services skills. The ideal candidate will have strong finance background in addition to being cross trained on how to scheduling interpreters to fulfill interpreting requests from our partners and vendors. LQ is seeking someone who can also play an important role in growing the Department which is integral to supporting the mission of the organization.
We are looking for someone who is proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and strong knowledge with QuickBooks. The position reports directly to the Manager of Interpreting and Translation Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Administrative Duties (90%)
- Support LQ financials and administrative function
- Create invoices using QuickBooks
- Create vouchers to process checks using excel
- Process checks using QuickBooks
- Create invoice packet to mail out to LQ’s customers and/or clients
- Create invoice packet for LQ’s in-house records
- Copying of documents and proper filing processes that allow easy and fast access to past invoices
- Create and maintain files and scan documents into electronic files for archival purposes
- Responsible for communicating with customers to ensure proper invoicing and payment
- Responsible for processing past-due invoices
- Assist with financial quality assurance plan for the program
- Provide timely reports and communications related to financial responsibilities
- Attend regular staff and LQ meetings; keep good records for all financial activities and complete financial duties as it pertains to the position’s scope of work
- Attend monthly agency meetings
- And other duties as assigned by the Manager of Interpreting and Translation Services and Director of Finance
Interpreting Scheduling Duties (10%)
- Support the Interpreting Scheduling Assistant with interpreting requests
- Once the Manager of Interpreting and Translation Services has negotiated an agreement with the client, the ideal person must be able to send the agreements to the client, the interpreting request forms, and answer any questions the client may have of such documents
- Respond to all interpreting requests from our clients via email, fax , or phone
- Secure interpreter for all interpreting requests from clients
- Ability to provide all the necessary information the interpreter will need for the assignment
- Ability to work with Google Calendar in order to keep track of interpreting appointments
- Ability to compile all interpreting documents once the assignment has been completed
- Ability to create expense vouchers for our Cuyahoga County Court clients and send to each client
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Interpreting and Translation Services
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Knowledgeable on the use of QuickBooks
- Strong customer service and program coordination skills
- Experience with scheduling and using Google Calendar
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse population/personalities
- Resourceful and flexible
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Administrative experience required
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well autonomously and in a team
- A strong interest in Asian American community and other underserved populations and human services
- Asian or other high-needed language proficiency preferred
- Availability to work at agency’s special events that may require evening and weekend hours
- Access to transportation with a valid driver’s license
- Authorized to work in the United States and pass a criminal background check
- High School Diploma or GED, College Degree Preferred.
- 40 hours per week.
- Position must be filled immediatly
- Position offers full benefits (Paid time off – personal, vacation and holidays; LTD, Life, Dental/Vision, Health and retirement plan).
- For interested candidates, please send resume and cover letter to Mao Vue (firstname.lastname@example.org). No calls please.