Global Ambassadors Language Academy (GALA) , a tuition-free enrollment school open to all Ohio residents is excited to share this great job opportunity as the Development Consultant.
GALA is an innovative, new education model that aligns with The Cleveland Plan and we are proud to have the support of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD). GALA is the first foreign language immersion school in Northeast Ohio and only Mandarin immersion school in Ohio, GALA is excited to finally bring an education model to the region that has exploded nationally.
Email proposals and references should be sent to email@example.com
Global Ambassadors Language Academy
Title: Development Consultant
Status: Flexible, contract, 25-30 hours per month
GALA seeks an expert development professional to be responsible for planning, developing, maintaining and executing a comprehensive fundraising plan for GALA that aligns with our Mission. This person will work directly with GALA’s Founding Director.
Responsible for delivering on the following goals:
• Cultivate connections to key funding decision makers in the community to garner support
· Strategize methods of approach to with an array of local and national donors, including: individual, philanthropic foundations, corporate foundations
· Research grant sources to identify sources of restricted and unrestricted funds
• Develop a funding strategy to help raise $350,000 over the next 18 months to support operational success and opening of GALA; assist with implementation of the funding strategy as required.
• Assist in establishing a “Friends of GALA” group for the purpose of raising funds for GALA
• Assist in developing GALA’s first annual fundraiser event
• Work with GALA’s Founding Director in maintaining a database, records management, and donor correspondence
• Interface with GALA’s accountant to maintain accurate accounting
· Proven success in development for new, start-up nonprofit organizations
· Experience in raising funds for education-related, school-related missions
· Experience in planning, leading and managing development projects
· Influential, well-respected, “Thought Leader” among greater Cleveland’s philanthropic and civic community
· Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with multiple donors, including: individual, local philanthropic foundations, corporate foundations
· Takes initiative and actively seeks to both deepen and create new donor relationships
· Excellent written and oral communications for fundraising
· Experience with underserved populations, preferably in an urban educational setting, a plus
Global Ambassadors Language Academy (GALA) is a new international language immersion school for Cleveland. GALA will be a tuition free, public K-8 charter school, opening in August 2016. Students at GALA will spend 100% of their school day immersed in Mandarin or Spanish in Kindergarten and 50% of their day in starting in the first grade; becoming bilingual by the third grade. As the first Mandarin immersion school in Ohio, the only foreign language immersion school in Northeast Ohio, and second International Baccalaureate School in the city of Cleveland, GALA is excited to finally bring an education model to the region that has exploded nationally. GALA is an innovative, new education model that aligns with The Cleveland Plan and we are proud to have the support of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) and the Cleveland Transformation Alliance (CTA).
Email proposals and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org