Click here to download this job listing.
Position Available: Coordinator, Cultural Outreach and Promotion
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Pay Rate: Based on qualifications (approx. 30-40 hrs./wk.)
Asian Services In Action (ASIA) is a growing non-profit multi-service agency with two sites (Akron and Cleveland) serving predominantly low-income, underserved, limited English-speaking Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) immigrant and refugee populations of all ages. Our mission is to empower and to advocate for AAPIs in Northeast Ohio; and to provide AAPIs with access to quality, linguistically and culturally appropriate information and services.
ASIA is offering a Coordinator position for a flexible, detail oriented, energetic individual who is able to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines. The position will be supervised by the Manager and will coordinate ASIA’s Language Quill (LQ) Interpreter and Translation Services Program. LQ works with a pool of interpreters and translators to fulfill language access request for clients who are hospitals, courts, social services, and others. The position requires very strong customer service, quality assurance, and business development skills.
We are looking for someone who is proficient with MS Office (especially Excel), has fundamental knowledge with QuickBooks and invoicing. Experience in motivating, training and supporting a large pool of independent contractors; and has strong customer service experience to continue to grow this program. The position reports directly to the Manager of Cultural Outreach and Promotion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the Language Quill Program and work with clients and consultants.
- Conduct strong business development activities to sustain and grow Language Quill (e.g. build relationships with clients; identify new opportunities; maintain high quality standards to strengthen service reputation).
- Primarily coordinate courts, medical and other interpreting requests.
- Schedule and confirm all languages interpreters to meet the request.
- Coordinate with clients to fulfill language service requests.
- Identify and recruit potential interpreters/translators.
- Work with Manager to conduct orientation for new consultants.
- Manage schedule of interpreters.
- Manage monthly vouchers and invoices for courts, medical and others.
Be available to carry agency cell phone to take emergency interpreting request calls.
- Attend regular staff and business meetings; and keep good records for all activities and do administrative duties as it pertains to the position’s scope of work.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel. Experience with QuickBooks desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse population/personalities.
- Exceptional customer service experience along with experience measuring and implementing quality improvement strategies.
- Resourceful and flexible.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Administrative experience required including business development.
- Strong skill in managing volunteers/consultants.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well autonomously and in a team.
- A strong interest in Asian American community and human services a plus.
- Asian language proficiency a plus.
- Access to transportation with valid driver’s license required.
Flexible scheduling, 30-40 hours per week (more with advance approval from supervisor).