Position Available: Program Assistant (Community Health Promotions)
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Pay Rate: ($10-$12/hr, .50 to 1.0 FTE; rate based on qualifications) with prorated (depends on actual hours of work) medical and retirement benefits, generous time off package, opportunities for skills/job training and promotions.
This is an entry-level job opportunity for a highly motivated person with competent skills in the area of community health promotions (CHP), including disease prevention, education, and outreach. The incumbent must be organized, have good follow-through, competent in working with Asian ethnic communities, ability to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines for tasks, and is motivated to be part of a growing community health promotions program at ASIA. The position is supervised by the Program Specialist of CHP.
The primary role of this position is to assist the Program Specialist in coordinating grant funded CHP programs. Current or pending programs (subject to availability of grant funding) include:
• Diabetes prevention and education program (current)
• Childhood lead prevention (current)
• Breast and cervical cancer prevention (current)
• Hepatitis B education and outreach (current)
• Adult immunization outreach (current)
• Other new CHP initiatives
We are looking for a person who works well in a team environment and is flexible. More importantly, we desire a candidate who is passionate about the mission of the organization and is committed to ensuring the health and well-being of Asian American and other communities.
• Assist in planning and organizing activities related to CHP grant-funded programs.
• Under the direction of the Program Specialist, conduct health education outreach into the community and give community presentations.
• Support and assist contracted consultants to implement specific program activities.
• Implement surveys and other data collection tools for the purpose tracking project information to be reported back to the funder.
• Assist the Program Specialist in identifying new opportunities.
• Maintain CHP records and data; and assist in planning projects and activities
• Maintain regular and open communication with agency staff and external community partners.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
o Require bachelors in Community Health Promotions, Public Health or other related field or Associates level degree with 1-2 years of experience (candidates with CHES, OCPS or other credentials receive preference).
o Effective communicator (both written and spoken)
o Ability to reach and engage Asian ethnic communities and other program related stakeholders
o Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize work
o Some experience in program evaluation, data collection, and data management.
o Computer skills including proficiency with word processing programs, i.e. Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, etc.
o Flexible and is a teamplayer; attention to detail and follow-through
o Require some evening and weekend hours
o Demonstrated competence in working on behalf of Asian Pacific Americans
o Proficient in a major Asian language highly preferred
o Must pass criminal background check and have a valid Ohio State driver’s license
Please send cover letter and resume to: Michael Byun, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org). Visit www.asiaohio.org
Asian Services In Action, Inc. promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. ASIA will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women, minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply.