ASIA is currently hiring a program assistant for the Policy, Advocacy and Development Department. Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Mao Vue, Deputy Director at email@example.com.
View PDF here.
Position Available: Program Assistant (Policy, Advocacy and Development)
Location: Cleveland and/or Akron, Ohio
Schedule: 30-40 hours per week (full time)
Asian Services In Action (ASIA) seeks a highly motivated and bright individual who possesses a diversified set of skills for the program assistant position. The position will provide program and administrative support the policy, advocacy, and development (PAD) department.
ASIA is offering a program assistant position working with PAD. Within the PAD department, the program assistant will work closely with PAD staff to support agency-wide and program-specific communication, fund development, and advocacy work. The position reports to the supervisor in PAD or their designee.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of complex social, policy, and immigration issues. He or she will be self-driven, goal-oriented to serve this key position. He or she must be an excellent team player but also be able to work independently. The position is fast-paced, requires juggling multiple projects and tasks to meet deadlines. We anticipate the candidate to be a strong track record in supporting implementation of projects who thrives in an environment working on supporting a variety of key initiatives concurrently. We are looking for someone who pays close attention to details and have the ability to prioritize and manage one’s own tasks.. The candidate must be adept in working with diverse staff, who are multi-cultural and multi-lingual. The person must have a strong commitment to immigrant and refugee concerns and have great commitment to excellence in social services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help coordinate ASIA’s annual fundraising plan with the committee.
- Drive the planning and implementation of ASIA’s annual fundraiser coordinator with all the logistics of different events.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of current fundraising events
- Support in staff events
- Implement 1-2 annual appeal letter campaigns
- Customize and maintain client and donor database, including (i) integrating ASIA’s donor and client records into the eTapestry database and (ii) maintaining the integrity of database records, including data entry, gift processing, and donation acknowledgments.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and help develop a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Process gifts, update database and assist in donator relations, letters and development.
- Receive, review, and track grant activities, including proposal submissions and reports
- Help draft and edit press releases, Q&As, announcements and other media-focused materials and manage the delivery of press releases and other communications.
- Shape and manage ASIA’s online community presence, including updating ASIA’s Facebook, Twitter, and websites with news about our agency, the statewide community, and national AAPI issues.
- Develop, maintain and update online content as directed by the Communications Manager, including website, social networking sites and blog using stories, video and photos.
- Write content as needed for press releases, online and email communications, publications, brochures, public education materials and corporate partnerships
- Create and maintain media lists and field media inquiries
- Assist with proofreading external documents circulating to a mass audience
- Accomplish other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Communications Manager
- BA in related field with some prior experience. Experience in social services, community organizing, voter registration drives, and other civic engagement activities are a big plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and positive interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must be able to work during non-traditional work hours (some weekends, evenings).
- Reliable transportation is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet search.
- Proficient with social media tools and databases
- Ability to prioritize and handle multi-tasks effectively.
- Research and organization skills.
- Knowledge of AAPI cultures, respect for all cultures, and ability to interact with diverse groups preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
ASIA offers competitive benefits package that includes: personal, vacation and holiday paid time off; health insurance stipend; dental/vision coverage, life and long-term insurance; retirement contribution match; professional development opportunities; and other incentives. Pro-rated for part time position.
Please send cover letter and resume to Mao Vue, Deputy Director (firstname.lastname@example.org). No phone calls please.