ASIA is pleased to announce a scholarship opportunity for medical students through the Korean American Medical Association (KAMA).
KAMA has provided annual scholarships to qualified medical students since its inception as part of their commitment to education and mentorship. The KAMA scholarship is intended to promote, assist and support eligible medical students of Korean heritage and their pursuit of medical and scientific research studies and community outreach efforts.
KAMA does not discriminate in administration of its scholarship programs on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, handicap, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. All interested medical students are strongly encouraged to join KAMSA and apply for scholarship program.
KAMA SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The applicant must be a member of KAMSA
- All 1st, 2nd and 3rd year medical students in good academic standing at an accredited U.S. or Korean medical school are eligible.
- The scholarship is intended to support basic clinical science research or a community outreach initiative.
- Applications may be submitted electronically starting Jan. 1 of each year at the KAMA homepage at www.koreanama.org or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed applications and supporting documentation must be received by mail in the KAMA office by July 1.
- All applications will be reviewed by the KAMA Scholarship Committee.
- Award winners are notified by Sept. 1.
- Each scholarship award will be in the amount of minimum USD 1000.
- Scholarship recipients are required to attend an annual scholarship dinner in New York City to receive their award and present their work/experience. All travel expenses for attending the event are reimbursed based on receipts submission.
Visit their website to download the application. Applications are due July 1, 2011.