VOLUNTEER DRIVERS NEEDED
Our Westside Community Adult Mentoring Program, a summer academic enrichment program for refugee and immigrant children, is looking for safe, responsible drivers to assist with transporting students who do not normally have the means to travel to and from the program site. The program operates Mondays through Fridays from 8:30am to 3:00pm out of Emerson Elementary School in Lakewood, Ohio, during June 22, 2015 to July 30, 2015 (six weeks).
We are looking for individuals who are willing to take at least two-week shifts.
- Pick up/drop off vehicle (van or shuttle) at designated locations
- Pick up/drop off students at designated sites
- Refuel vehicle when necessary
- Follow traffic signs and street signs
- Assist clients in and out of vehicle
- Regularly maintain the cleanliness of interior (e.g., throw trash away)
- Maintain pick up/drop off logs of clients and mileage
- Avoid cell phone use during driving
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and have at least two years of driving experience
- Must have clean driving record in the last four years (e.g., no speeding tickets, moving violations)
- Proof of current and valid auto insurance
- No reckless driving or license suspension for points
- Must complete a criminal background check
- Attend First Aid/CPR training through ASIA, Inc. or on your own (see http://www.mymedcert.com/
heartsaver_for_childcare_ providers.html or http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/ freeaidtrn.stm)
- Volunteer position may be terminated if volunteers do not follow rules
*We will reimburse for background checks and training if you do not yet have these.