ASIA, Inc.’s Aging and Adult Department provides programming aimed at promoting health, socialization, and the well being of individuals who are sixty (60) years and older. Our mission for the senior community is to empower older adults to experience a greater sense of purpose; to participate in life beyond their homes, and to engage with the greater community in which they live. With particular attention to those with limited English proficiency, our staff provides a wide range of services for clients such as nutrition and safety education, emergency food support, community resources, and meaningful service opportunities. Through outreach to homebound seniors, we are able to arrange extra support for those who need it most. Ultimately, the goal is to empower older adults to experience a greater sense of purpose, to participate in life beyond their homes, and to engage with the greater community in which they live.
We offer language specific and culturally relevant services for:
- Ohio Benefits Bank (assist older adults to access eligible public benefits)
- Case management and referral
- Ethnic-specific sites for congregate meal and socialization
- A site for Senior Community Service and Employment Program (in partnership with National Caucus and Council on Black Aged)
- Earned income tax credit (in partnership with Cuyahoga County Earned Income Tax Credit Coalition)
- Health screening (supported by the Asian Pacific American Medical Students Association)