Celebrate Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month with ASIA!
We will keep the Northeast Ohio community updated with news & events to take part in all the action.
- May is Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month – a celebration of Asians and Pacific Islanders in the United States. A rather broad term, Asian-Pacific encompasses all of the Asian continent and the Pacific islands. 1992 marked the official designation of May as Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month.
- The month of May was chosen to commemorate the immigration of the first Japanese to the United States on May 7, 1843, and to mark the anniversary of the completion of the transcontinental railroad on May 10, 1869. The majority of the workers who laid the tracks were Chinese immigrants.
- Tofu Tasting and Cook Demonstration
- May 5, 2014 from 6PM-9PM
- At Margaret Wong & Associates (3150 Chester Ave, CLE)
- $5/person – Space is limited
- RSVP Today at
- Cleveland Asian Festival
- May 17-18, 2014 from 11AM-7PM
- Between Payne and East 30th Street (AsiaTown CLE)
- FREE admission, FREE parking!