Cleveland Chinese Music Ensemble presents:
Melodies for the Year of the Dragon
3 p.m., Sunday, January 29, 2012
Saint Francis Chapel
Lombardo Student Center
John Carroll University
20700 North Park Boulevard
University Heights, Ohio
Free and open to the public
Join the Cleveland Chinese Music Ensemble as it performs at John Carroll University in University Heights, Ohio, in celebration of the 2012 Chinese New Year (the Year of the Dragon). The event, which is free and open to the public, is sponsored by the Confucius Classroom Project of the East Asian Studies Program, John Carroll University. The day’s program will feature:
- Vocalist Xue “Snow” Yu (于雪).
- Traditional Chinese instruments such as the dizi and xiao (bamboo flutes), suona (oboe), sheng (
mouth organ), zhonghu and yehu (2- stringed fiddles), pipa (pear-shaped lute), guzheng (zither), gongs, drums, and other percussion instruments.
- A classical Chinese dance and traditional Chinese tea ceremony by JCU visiting Chinese language instructor Zhenping Shao (邵贞萍).
- A special showing of traditional watercolor paintings by distinguished Chinese painter Mr. Guangsheng Wang (王广生).
- Chinese food tasting to follow in the Atrium of the Lombardo Student Center.
More information about the concert, as well as the university’s other Chinese New Year events: http://inside.jcu.edu/2012/01/
Campus map: http://www.jcu.edu/mapcampus.