On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law. This year marks the 6th anniversary of the law that has led to a historic drop in the uninsured by sharing key messages about the benefits and protections the law has provided to millions of Americans, and the future of healthcare in America. ASIA is happy to be a part of the progress. Since 2013, ASIA, in partnership with other statewide partners, has provided enrollment assistance to over 3,000 families and has participated in over 70 outreach activities statewide, educating approximately 2,000 individuals about the ACA and the enrollment assistance ASIA provides. This year we will continue efforts by offering year-round Medicaid enrollment and Marketplace Special Enrollment for Qualifying Life Events (February 1, 2016 – October 31, 2016).
- Marketplace Open Enrollment November 1, 2016 – January 31, 2017
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) /Coverage to Care (C2C) Outreach & Education (Year-Round)
- Teach community members how to enroll in and utilize their health insurance along with how to access appropriate health care through culturally tailored presentations and the distribution of translated educational materials
April: Minority Health Month Outreach Events
- April 7: Oral Health Day (9am – 3pm) Akron ASIA Office, 730 Carroll St, Akron, OH 44304
- April 16: Garden to Health (9am – 3pm) South Euclid Community Center, 1370 Victory Dr, Cleveland, OH 44121
- April 23: Breakthrough Schools Fitness Fair (11am – 2pm) Village Prep Cliffs Campus,1415 E. 36th St., Cleveland, OH 44114
- April 30: Home Cooking and Eating Right (10am – 3pm) Sterling Rec Center (1380 E. 32nd St., Cleveland OH 44114)
- New partnership with the ICHC and Case Western Reserve University APAMSA students to provide educational ACA/C2C materials to patients during time at the clinic.
- Co-facilitation of Summit County ACA Coalition—Connecting community health coverage enrollment assisters and community organization leaders together to reach the uninsured, plan and prepare for the upcoming open enrollment period, and educate about policy matters related to Medicaid and the Marketplace.