Ohio Voice State Director
Operating under the belief that socially responsible non-profit organizations have both the need and ability to deeply engage historically underrepresented communities as well as the issues affecting these communities, Ohio Voice brings together these non-profits to coordinate, develop and strengthen their advocacy and civic participation activities. Ohio Voice garners scarce resources to bring to its partners cutting-edge technology and shared best practices that ultimately work to win policy and civic engagement victories.
Job Title: Ohio Voice State Director
Reports to: Ohio Voice Leadership Team
Job Summary: The Director is responsible for overseeing and implementing the mission of Ohio Voice. Through effective collaboration with table members, the Director is responsible for developing a coordinated program plan, fundraising to support the plan, innovating and evaluating best practices, engaging new partners to participate, managing staff and contractors and overseeing the provision of resources and technical assistance for table partner organizations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Fundraise for the table and prepare grant proposals and reports to funders
- Plan and implement collaborative work plan for the table in coordination with the leadership team
- Develop criteria with leadership team for fund allocation to partners
- Engage in planning, coordination, and networking at a state and national level
- Actively participate in the State Voices’ network, learning from and engaging with other state tables to bring new ideas to Ohio and grow the profile of the Ohio Voice table nationally
- Manage staff
- Create a detailed budget and manage and report table funds
- Expand the coalition by identifying and meeting with non-profits across the state that work with historically underrepresented people and communities
- Develop and coordinate trainings for table, including the development of civic engagement plans and activities
- Actively identify opportunities for Ohio Voice to add-value to partners’ programs, especially collaborative efforts
- Represent Ohio Voice in local, state and national coalitions
- Facilitate regular table meetings
Location: Based in Columbus, Ohio, but position will require regular travel throughout the state and nationally.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience managing staff and relationships
- Demonstrated experience in coalition-building
- Collaborative nature, able to work many different personalities
- Experience in fundraising, including building funder relationships, making presentations, writing proposals and drafting reports
- Commitment to the goals of the table including civic engagement and economic and social justice
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Campaign and organizing experience
- Knowledge of Ohio’s political and policy landscape
- Experience working with non-profits, preferably in Ohio
- Ability to create and manage a large budget
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and internet organizing
- Demonstrated knowledge of 501c3 organizations and their legal abilities
- Ability to set goals, work independently and meet deadlines
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly within Ohio and some national travel
Salary Range/Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits package including medical, vision, dental, 401K and generous leave time.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, references, writing samples, and salary requirements to OhioVoiceJobs@gmail.com by Monday, February 11, 2013 at 5pm.
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer.