Asian American Pacific Islander Advisory Council and Ohio Asian American Health Coalition are excited to announce 2014 Ohio Asian American & Pacific Islander (AAPI) Legislative Day, to take place on Thursday, March 6, 2014, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m, at the Ohio Statehouse in Columbus. Click HERE to register today!
Recap: In 2012, the third Ohio Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) Legislative Day drew nearly 300 AAPIs from across Ohio to the Statehouse in Columbus on June 5. Ohio’s AAPIs came together to showcase the growth, diversity, and influence of our community in Ohio and to discuss issues of concern with our legislators.
Register by February 24, 2014 to join hundreds of other AAPIs and allies from all across Ohio at the Statehouse in Columbus for a day of non-partisan civic engagement activities and education. (Registration includes a free round-trip bus transportation and a lunch box.)
- Learn about how state government works
- Take a tour of the Statehouse
- Meet with state senators and representatives
- Featured guests: Keynote speaker- Mee Moua, Executive Director, Asian American Advancing Justice
Who should come?
· Ethnic community, civic and faith-based leaders
· Asian business owners and entrepreneurs
· Older adults
· Young adults (middle, high and college age)
Note: This is a free event. (However, $10 donations toward lunch will be accepted.)
This event is organized by Ohio Asian American Pacific Islander Advisory Council and Ohio Asian American Health Coalition.