DACA is still in effect under the guidelines established in 2012. If you or someone you know if eligible, you should request DACA. You can still request consideration of a two-year grant of DACA and work authorization for the first time or for renewal.
Under the 2012 guidelines, you may request initial DACA if you:
- Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012
- Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday
- Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time
- Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS
- Had no lawful status on June 15, 2012
- Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States
- AND, have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
You may request renewal of DACA if you met the initial DACA guidelines and you:
- Did not depart the United States on or after Aug. 15, 2012, without advance parole
- Have continuously resided in the United States since you submitted your most recent DACA request that was approved
- AND, have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, or three or more misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
Visit uscis.gov/daca or uscis.gov/acciondiferida to get all the information you need to request initial or renewal DACA.
As always, we encourage you to beware of immigration scams. Visit uscis.gov/avoidscams or uscis.gov/eviteestafas to learn how to protect yourself and how to find authorized legal services.
DACA lets you work without fear – if you are eligible, you should come forward with confidence.
Visit our resources page for everything DACA related