Please consider joining the first of a three series webinar sponsored by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, SAMHSA on Wednesday, July 9, 2014 from 4PM-5PM ET
Webinar: ACA Outreach and Enrollment Challenges in Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander Communities: Some Findings
Nationwide, 17% of Asian Americans (AA) and Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders (NHPI) are uninsured. Rates are higher for Koreans (35.5%), Hmong (26.7%), Tongans (26%), Marshallese (24%), and Bangladeshis (22.5%). The development of effective outreach and enrollment efforts to ensure AA and NHPI communities understand and benefit from the new health insurance coverage options through the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires an understanding of the population. This webinar will share the findings of a recent needs assessment report on ACA-related outreach and enrollment efforts in AA and NHPI communities. The findings are based on feedback from 22 community-based organizations (CBOs) in 9 states.
This webinar is for community based organizations, government agencies, and private foundations; and is sponsored by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- Understand AA and NHPI communities – who they are, and where they live;
- Understand the mental health and substance abuse issues in AA and NHPI communities;
- Understand the AA and NHPI experiences with ACA outreach & enrollment efforts; and
- Understand their unmet needs for successful ACA outreach & enrollment efforts.
- Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM ET
- Register Here