Healthy Eating Active Living
WEBINAR: Creating a Healthy Eating Active Living Movement for Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders
Sept. 20, 2012, Thursday
5-6 pm Eastern; 4-5 pm Central; 3-4 pm Mountain;
2-3 pm Pacific; 11 am -12 pm Hawai`i
Click here to download the flyer for this webinar.
Please join us for a 60-minute webinar during which APPEAL’s Executive Director, Mr. Rod Lew and Program Manager, Siang Sin Goh will discuss APPEAL’s work around creating a movement on policy, environmental and systems changes to make healthier choices the easier choices in Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (AA and NHPI) communities. This webinar will be moderated by APPEAL’s Program Coordinator Gilbert Achay. Join us to learn about new resources and how to get involved in our national movement! (to register click here: http://bit.ly/APPEALHEAL)
- To increase awareness of health eating and active living (HEAL) as a social justice issue for AAs and NHPIs;
- To increase awareness about APPEAL’s Strategic Framework to achieve health parity;
- To highlight evidence-based and practice-based strategies on community level, mainstream institutional level, legislative level, and corporate level;
- To gather involvement in a movement for healthy eating and active living for AAs and NHPIs.
- Gilbert Achay, Program Coordinator, Asian Pacific Partners for Empowerment, Advocacy and Leadership
- Rod Lew, M.P.H., Executive Director, Asian Pacific Partners for Empowerment, Advocacy and Leadership
- Siang Sin Goh, M.S.W, M.Ed. Program Manager, Asian Pacific Partners for Empowerment, Advocacy and Leadership
Space is limited, register now!
To register for this webinar, please visit:
Webinar log-in will be provided after registration