The Advancing Justice Conference is just 42 days away! Here are some important deadlines to keep in mind:
- Win FREE registration: Enter your photo in the “Advancing Justice Is …” Photo Contest by October 11 and you’ll have a chance to win FREE registration to the conference (worth up to $275!). Visit the Asian Americans Advancing Justice Facebook page for more details.
- Hotel Discounts: Conference attendees can book a room at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel at our special conference rate. Reserve your room by October 22 to take advantage of the discount!
- Call for Volunteers: Interested in volunteering and contributing to the Advancing Justice mission? Volunteers can receive reduced conference registration rates. Email us at conference@
And here are some programming highlights that you won’t want to miss!
- Plenary – Winning Immigration Reform: Rep. Judy Chu, chair of the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus, will join us for this timely conversation.
- Plenary – Cross Racial Movement Building: A diverse panel discusses how to bridge our differences for effective action.
- Workshop: Electoral Organizing Best Practices from the Nov. 2012 Campaign
- Workshop: Faith, Power, and Social Justice
- Capacity building: How to Get Health Coverage for You and Your Family
- Capacity building: Accessing and Using Census Data
- Click here for info on 50 additional workshops!
- A note to California attorneys: you can earn up to 4.5 hours of Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) credit as part of the conference, at no extra charge!
About Us: The 5th annual Advancing Justice Conference heads to Los Angeles November 14-16 and focuses on Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) civil rights for the next generation. Hosted by Asian Americans Advancing Justice, the Advancing Justice Conference is the first and only national conference that focuses on civil rights and social justice in AAPI communities. The conference brings together AAPIs from across the country to address issues facing these fast growing communities. It serves as a unique forum where stakeholders can learn from other community experts, discuss common challenges and opportunities, share best practices and find ways to work collaboratively. Conference attendees participate in three days of programming, including panel discussions, caucus sessions, skills and capacity building trainings and networking receptions. Click here for photos of our previous conferences.
We look forward to seeing you in 42 days!
Advancing Justice – Los Angeles (2013 local conference host)
Advancing Justice – AAJC
Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus
Advancing Justice – Chicago