ASIA-ICHC is currently seeking an experienced Family Nurse Practitioner to become a member and leader of a small patient-centered care team.
View PDF version here.
Position Available: Family Nurse Practitioner
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Pay Rate: Based on qualifications (1.0 FTE, non-exempt), Competitive
Asian Services In Action’s International Community Health Center (ASIA-ICHC) is a federally qualified health center based in Midtown Cleveland’s AsiaTown. ASIA-ICHC predominantly serves low-income, underserved, limited English-speaking Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) and other immigrant and refugee populations of all ages. Our mission is to empower AAPIs in Northeast Ohio to enhance their well-being, build their communities and to improve their self-sufficiency through culturally and linguistically relevant information and services.
ASIA-ICHC is looking for an experienced Family Nurse Practitioner, who reports to the clinic Medical Director as a member and leader of a small patient-centered care team. ASIA-ICHC is fully committed to the implementation of the Patient Centered Medical Home.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make sound clinical judgments based on assessment of the physical, psychological, spiritual, social and environmental needs of the client.
- Refers appropriately to other clinical providers as needed. Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration or referral.
- Analyze health behavior as related to personality, life style, socio-economic status and culture.
- Develop, implement, and periodically evaluate therapeutic plans as needed.
- Prescribe treatment for illnesses within the Family Nurse Practitioner’s scope of practice.
- Order and interpret diagnostic studies as appropriate.
- Perform minor diagnostic and surgical procedures within scope of practice.
- Teach and counsel individuals and families to assist them to assume responsibility for the prevention of illness and restoration and maintenance of health, use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Monitor and evaluate patient’s physical and emotional reaction to drugs and treatments.
- Communicate, consult and collaborate with other professionals involved in the delivery of total patient care.
- Communicate with community agencies to plan comprehensive care for clients.
- Attends meetings, events and activities as expected of other ASIA-ICHC staff.
- Specific knowledge, training, required certifications or skills required to perform the duties of this position:
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must hold current Ohio Registered Nurse/Advanced Practice licensure, Certificate of Authority and Certificate to Prescribe.
- Must be a certified FNP with MSN or Doctoral degree.
- The NP will prescribe medications according to the Ohio Board of Nursing using
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner – preferred
- Computer proficiency: ability to utilize an electronic medical record and email.
- Ability to communicate in English, bilingual a plus, but not required. There will be established Formulary and according to Standard Care Agreement (SCA) patients who speak Chinese dialects, Arabic, Nepali, and Karen/Burmese. Cultural competence and general interest in the rich diversity of patients is more important than language proficiency.
- Passionate about ASIA’s mission and impact
- Proficiency with EPIC EMR/PMS system or other comparable system
- Access to transportation with valid driver’s license required
- Authorized to work and pass criminal background check
Salary is competitive, full time position, 35-40 hours per week. ASIA-ICHC provides significant clinical and clerical support for all medical staff. This position offers full benefits (Paid time off –personal, vacation and holidays; LTD, Life, Dental/Vision, Health, EAP, and retirement plan). For interested candidates, please send resume and cover letter to Mao Vue (firstname.lastname@example.org). No calls please.