For interested candidates, please send resume and cover letter to Mao Vue (email@example.com). No calls please.
Position Available: Manager, Cultural Outreach
Location: Akron, Ohio
Pay Rate: Based on qualifications (.75-1.0 FTE, exempt)
Asian Services In Action (ASIA) is a growing non-profit multi-service agency with two sites (Akron and Cleveland) serving predominantly low-income, underserved, limited English-speaking Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) and other immigrant and refugee populations of all ages. Our mission is to empower AAPIs in Northeast Ohio to enhance their well-being, build their communities and to improve their self-sufficiency through culturally and linguistically relevant information and services.
ASIA is offering a Manager position for a flexible, detail oriented, energetic individual who is able to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines. The position will oversee ASIA’s Language Quill Interpretation and Translation Services Program which operates primarily in Akron and Cleveland areas. This person must be motivated, have strong business development and customer service skills. The ideal candidate will have strong supervision experience and is able to recruit, retain and support a large pool of contract interpreters and translators. We are seeking someone who can also play an important role in growing the program which is integral to supporting the mission of the organization.
We are looking for someone who is proficient with MS Office (especially Excel), general knowledge and comfort with accounting software. The position reports directly to the Executive Director and is part of the Leadership Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Coordinate the Language Quill Program and work with clients and consultants
* Provide business development services to Language Quill and other related service lines
* Responsible for communicating with customers to fulfill service requests
* Supervise program assistants
* Recruit, train and retain highly qualified contract interpreters and translators
* Implement quality assurance plan for the program
* Participate on the agency’s leadership team and contribute and provide recommendation to agency’s overall operations and strategic direction.
* Provide timely reports and communications related to assigned projects and responsibilities
* Attend regular staff and business meetings; and keep good records for all activities and do administrative duties as it pertains to the position’s scope of work
* Represent the organization and the program in the community (attend outside meetings, etc.)
* Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel. Publisher
desired. Also proficient and/or knowledgeable on the use of Quickbooks or other comparable accounting software system.
* Strong customer service, business development and program coordination skills
* Experience supervising staff and contracted individuals
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse population/personalities
* Resourceful and flexible
* Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
* Solid written and oral communication skills
* Administrative experience required
* Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
* Ability to work well autonomously and in a team
* A strong interest in Asian American community and other underserved populations and human services a plus
* Asian or other high-need language proficiency a plus * Access to transportation with valid driver’s license required
* Authorized to work and pass criminal background check
35-40 hours per week. Position offers full benefits (Paid time off – personal, vacation and holidays; LTD, Life, Dental/Vision, Health and retirement plan). For interested candidates, please send resume and cover letter to Mao Vue (firstname.lastname@example.org). No calls please.